Monday, August 2, 2010

I Timothy 2:11-12
Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness. I do not permit a woman to teach or to excersise authority over a man; rather she is to remain quiet.

This is a sensitive subject for many woman out there and I would just like to adress this verse by explaining it as best I can.

"Let a woman learn quietly with all submissiveness." The way I interpret this is when you are learning something new (in school, a new ministry, how to fix something ect.) then be quiet while your being taught, that makes the most sense too, you'll learn whatever it is faster if your quiet and listening. Also don't be rude and obnoxious while being taught, the teacher is taking time out of their scedule to teach you so be polite. I had a friend in high school who was the exact oposite of this verse. She was a very loud obnoxious person who never was quiet and attentive, after a while I couldn't stand to be around her anymore! I wasn't learning because she was continuously talking to me during the class and making fun of the teachers after. I am no longer her friend and have not spoken with her in a while.

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to excersise authority over a man; rather she is to remain quiet." I believe this verse is about the womans role during church. A woman should not be the pastor of a church because this places her over every man. I know that when a woman does become a pastor her personal life will most likely fall apart. My Aunt is a pastor and she has recently been devorced, my cousin is in and out of therapy to treat an eating disorder. My Aunt still preaches and I know she is a christian but because she is placing herself over the men there are problems. In the church during meetings or whatnot I beleive it is fine for a woman to take part of those, but any place of authority in the church belongs to a man.

1 comment: