Thursday, August 19, 2010


Last night was my last night helping with the Kindergarten through second grade on Wednesday nights :( Summer is almost over! I go back to school in 9 days and the kids I helped with go back in 6 days. This summer flew by! Some of the kids have gotten so much taller!
In this post I'd just like to tell you about my last night with the kiddo's. To start off I was
asked if I would give a little girl named Morgan a piggy back ride, turns out she didn't really
want to get off, and didn't until we went out for game time :) once outside they did relay
races and a few of the girls didn't want to play because they didn't understand it fully and
were pretty shy. I sat with these girls and tried to get them to open up a little bit, they did!
Leaves were starting to fall so they were picking them up and crumbling them, after they had
that figured o
ut they decided it would be fun to throw these crumbled leaves at me. It was
adorable, I did end up having quite a few leaves that I had to shake out of my hair.

We got them all to the other side of the building for snack and one little girl comes up to
me and tells me she can't find her shoes. I gave her a piggy back ride back over to the field
and we found her shoes then went back to the snack area. After snack we go in for song time
and the message. There's a little girl named Sabrina who sits on my lap every time, I love her!
She fell asleep this time, She's in kindergarten.


I'm going to miss working with these kids when I go back to school, but I can't wait to go back! Most of these kids will still be in this class next summer when I come back so I'll still get to help out and play with most of these kids next year! I look forward to it!

1 comment: