Monday, August 16, 2010



In earlier posts I shared some video's of some of the ministry's I was helping with. Those were all pretty formal and just facts. Today I would like to tell you some of the reasons why I love helping out with kids ministry's :)


#1. I love kids!! there so much fun to be around and its amazing what they can think of! They have great imaginations and it just makes me happy to hear some of their crazy idea's. For example in my 3 and 4 yr old class I had one little boy left waiting to be picked up and I asked him what he wanted to do while waiting for his mom, he told me he wanted to take over the world...with dinosaurs :) it made my day!


#2. Because I love kids I love being able to watch them grow, learning to speak better and better, I remember when the 3's and 4's were 2 and how much they've grown up since then! Its unbelievable! How they react to things like when they get hurt or when they're told they need to share, its just such a difference! I was at college last year so when I left these kids were 2 or 3 now they all just seem so big!


#3. I love being able to teach these kids about God! I don't think its ever to early to start telling a child about the God who created the world. In the class I teach it makes me very happy when we talk about a bible character and these kids already know so much about him! I enjoy taking the story's I grew up learning and bringing it down to their level and making it fun for them!
I would encourage anyone and everyone to get involved with a childrens ministry at your local church! Its fun to watch the kids grow and there also a blast to play with, you play a simple game with them and it makes them feel special and your their favorite person for an hour :) Kids don't need to much to be happy and that happiness is contagious!


No comments:

Post a Comment